Re: HP Pavilion serrie DV6700

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:11:12 -0400
Tenant <tenant@tenant.net> wrote:

> The 17" has room for two hard drives. Has anyone set up dual booting
> on such a machine?

I don't have an hp laptop, but I do have one that has 2 hard drive bays
in it. Depending on the BIOS, you have to be a little careful... mine
has built in raid options which don't appear in the bios unless there
are two hard drives installed, and it defaults to a RAID1 setup. After
turning that stuff off so that both drives could be seen individually,
it's just like multi-booting on a desktop. I currently have Ubuntu,
OpenBSD and Windows XP on the multiboot for mine.