However he does say it's a Core 2 Due, which of course is Intel. So I'm wondering then why would one install debian with the AMD version?

On a related issue, I'm looking at the dv9700t and wondering how does the T8300 chip stack up? Is it quick or lagging? I'm thinking about the next step up, the T9300, which has 6M L2 cache instead of 3M L2 cache of the T8300.

The 17" has room for two hard drives. Has anyone set up dual booting on such a machine?

At 09:03 AM 6/19/2008, you wrote:
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:31:48 +0300
From: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo@ttmail.com>
To: "Bartosz BOGUSZEWSKI" <bboguszewski@gmail.com>
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: HP Pavilion serrie DV6700

"Bartosz BOGUSZEWSKI" <bboguszewski@gmail.com> writes:
> I've just bought notebook HP Pavilion serrie DV6700 with Core 2 Duo
> T8300 (2.4GHz) and my question is which version of debian should I
> install?? Is Etch AMD64  this one ??

I'm writing this e-mail from a HP Pavilion dv6580et using emacs
installed from Debian GNU/Linux Etch (amd64) repositories. Bluetooth and
fingerprint thingy are the only stuff I couldn't/didn't manage to
install. The rest works ok. (You'll need latest alsa-driver packages
installed seperately; and an extra "alsa model=laptop" line in your
/etc/modules file. I compiled alsa-driver from scratch using source
tarballs.)