Re: making bootup fsck more user-friendly

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 17:59 +0200, David wrote:

> If I send 5 separate replies instead of 1, doesn't it use up more
> bandwidth? ie, extra mail envelopes, headers, etc. I did make an
> effort to trim unrelated lines (not everyone on this thread has done
> that).

Brain bandwidth counts, too.  Cramming a bunch of replies into a single
post breaks threading, which requires more effort on the part of your
audience to properly dissect.

> At least with 1 mail you can delete/ignore it easier than 5 separate ones.

Actually, no, you can't:  1 mail is far more difficult to manage than 5
in this case.  What if you only want to ignore/delete one of the
messages and not keep or delete all 5?

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca