Re: making bootup fsck more user-friendly

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Chris Bannister
<mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 10:51:06AM +0200, David wrote:
>> Hi again list.
>>
>> I'm going to reply to several mails at once. Please excuse the length,
>
> Please don't do that. *You* can receive your mails in digest mode by
> specifying it with some command to the list server, but PLEASE don't
> enforce it on others.
>
> There is already an extreme waste of bandwidth by people not trimming
> their posts.

Hi, I don't understand your complaint (maybe because I haven't used
digest mode before, and don't know how it works exactly).

If I send 5 separate replies instead of 1, doesn't it use up more
bandwidth? ie, extra mail envelopes, headers, etc. I did make an
effort to trim unrelated lines (not everyone on this thread has done
that).

Or are you saying I should make my posts as short as possible, even if
I feel that a longer post is required to reduce ambiguity & follow-up
mails explaining what I really meant.

At least with 1 mail you can delete/ignore it easier than 5 separate ones.

Please explain in more detail why 1 longer mail is worse, or provide a
link where I can read more.

Thanks,

David.