Re: Intall etche on Windows Vista system with AMD64 processor

Ioannis Xydakis wrote:
I am trying to install etche on a pc with an AMD64 processor that has already Windows Vista Premium (32bit) installed. I downloaded the ISO image of CD1 from Debian web site and wrote it to a CD as bootable.
After i restart the pc an try to install it, it drops me to a DOS prompt and to disk A:\..!! I don't have any floppy disk on my pc. My questions are: Can i install Debian AMD64 with Windows Vista? If yes...how, or what i do wrong?

That's really odd, and I cannot explain it.

I think what I'd try is to boot into Vista and then browse to http://goodbye-microsoft.com and install Debian from there. This takes the CD out of the equation altogether.

--
Kent West