Re: text file from Linux to windows.

* Adrian Levi <adrian.levi@gmail.com> [080530 03:56]:
> 2008/5/30 Russell L. Harris :
> > I speak of the days of Fortran-II running on an IBM 1620.  Back then,
> > it often was necessary to load the compiler (another deck of punched
> > cards) before loading the application.
>
> It must have been fun to watch someone play pickup 500 and put them
> all back in order again.

Back then, many a student made himself a personal copy of the compiler
(a stack of punch cards about twelve inches high) and carried it along
each time he went to to the computing center, rather than risk using
the "public" copy of the compiler which was kept at the computing
center.  I may still have my copy.

RLH