Re: changing xterm colors [solved]

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:32:29AM -0000, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> Or it could be that the line:
> allow-user-resources
>
> is not no /etc/X11/Xsession.options.
>
> The .Xresources file will only be loaded if that option is present.
>
> To test if your .Xresources are working without logging out and back in,
> run:
> $ xrdb -load .Xresources
> and then start up an xterm.
>
> .

Ok, i checked /etc/X11/Xsession.options and the line
'allow-user-resources' was there.

I installed xtermset using apt which enabled me to change the colors
from the command-line as suggested earlier, so that works :-)

I have also specified the new settings in ~/.Xresources and ran 'xrdb
-load .Xresources' as advised by Cameron and it has worked.

Thanks very much to those who helped me.

Jamie
--

    Jamie

key 3AD8F62B