Re: KDE 4.1 beta 1

On Thu May 29 2008, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> I heard many reports of KDE 4.0 being too buggy for use, but if you're
> feeling adventurous and don't mind sidestepping Debian's package
> management, you could always install KDE from source and file bug
> reports. Tell the rest of us how it goes. :-)

I run Kubuntu on my laptop, it has KDE 4.0, I've run it since the beginning..

> I'm tempted to do so myself. I've been using Gnome for a while because
> I got sick of KDE's Windowish complexity, but the screenshots for the
> newer KDE may sway me back to the kside.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

I just wasn't sure if I could compile it, without too many unstable
requirements...
I'm really waiting for either Kontact for KDE4 or this new replacement,
Akonadi, whatever IT is..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800