Re: changing xterm colors

Op Thu, 29 May 2008 18:51:43 +0100 Jamie Griffin wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 02:54:51PM +0200, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
> > You can edit a text file called .Xresources in your home directory
> > (or create it if it does not exist).
> >
> > Put the following lines in the file:
> >
> > xterm*VT100*foreground:  green
> > xterm*VT100*background:  black
> > xterm*VT100*cursorColor: red
> >
> > (Well, that is if you want the cursor to be red.)
> >
> > Regards, Jan
>
>  Thanks Jan
>
> I've tried that and it hasn't worked. Not sure what to try next -
> does anyone have any other ideas?

As far as I know, the second asterisk in those lines should be a dot:

    xterm*VT100.foreground:  green
    xterm*VT100.background:  black
    xterm*VT100.cursorColor: red

And... if you start X from the console, bypassing a login manager such
as gdm, you need to put those lines in ~/.Xdefaults instead of
~/.Xresources.
(At least, this was the situation a year ago - I suspect it has not
changed since then.)