Re: KDE 4.1 beta 1

On 29/05/2008, Paul Cartwright <ale@pcartwright.com> wrote:
> I didn't know there was experimental AND unstable...

Experimental isn't a full distribution. You can't have a full
experimental installation. It just has a few packages that are
considered too unstable for unstable. Deemed to have a higher
probability of inducing data loss and such.

>  so I should just wait and continue updating.. and wait til it trickles down to
> testing.

I heard many reports of KDE 4.0 being too buggy for use, but if you're
feeling adventurous and don't mind sidestepping Debian's package
management, you could always install KDE from source and file bug
reports. Tell the rest of us how it goes. :-)

I'm tempted to do so myself. I've been using Gnome for a while because
I got sick of KDE's Windowish complexity, but the screenshots for the
newer KDE may sway me back to the kside.

- Jordi G. H.