Re: dot in folder name in Courier or Dovecot

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:59:57AM +0200, Public Mailing Lists wrote:
> Yes, I defined '/' as separator in the namespace with Dovecot. I'm
> able to create folders that contain dots in their name, and they get
> messed up in Thunderbird, as Ron confirms.

Sorry, I misread your initial post.

> The problem with Cyrus is that Cyrus refuses to accept a large number
> of emails that it considers to be not "standard compliant". E.g. it
> rejects specific "From"-headers that Mozilla is using. Even though
> this applies to only 1% of all email, it is still an enormous number
> of them.

You can patch the Cyrus sources to accept them; that's what I did (at a
previous work and at home).

In the imap/message.c file, search for IMAP_MESSAGE_CONTAINSNULL,
IMAP_MESSAGE_CONTAINSNL and IMAP_MESSAGE_BADHEADER; they are mostly used
as error return values when appending new messages in the
"message_copy_strict" function. Comment out the offending code, and it
will work.

--
Nicolas