Re: dot in folder name in Courier or Dovecot [was: Looking for a decent IMAP server with hierarchical folders]

Hi Ron,

brilliant observation. :-) I can't wait to upgrade from this ancient Mozilla, once I get this imap stuff to work...

No, I can't change the dots to underscores, sorry. Cyrus appers to be really smart about dots and change them secretly to charets, or something. Is it possible to have any other imap server do this the same way, i.e. transparently?

Would using mbox make it any better? Actually, I like the idea of maildir of having each message in a single file, even though I don't understand why maildir uses a dot for folder hierarchy instead of using a directory hierarchy provided by the file system...

Cheers,
Gordon