Re: How do I get my Wintv PR USB2 card to work under Debian

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 10:25:04PM -0400, Norberto Feliberty wrote:

> Hi, I have a PVR USB2 tv card by Hauppauge and would like to know how
> do I enable this device in Debain. I am trying to wath tv with my
> card using vlc but when I try to open the tv card to watch tv, I get
> a message saying Unable to open 'pvr://' How to I check the kernel to
> see if it is enabled in the kernel. Thanks.

The mythtv wiki has a writeup about this device at:
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-PVR-USB2>

This would make a good starting point even if you don't intend to
install a full-blown myth setup.

HTH

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA  | author is right there, in the room talking to