How do I get my Wintv PR USB2 card to work under Debian

Hi, I have a PVR USB2 tv card by Hauppauge and would like to know how do I enable this device in Debain. I am trying to wath tv with my card using vlc but when I try to open the tv card to watch tv, I get a message saying
Unable to open 'pvr://' How to I check the kernel to see if it is enabled in the kernel. Thanks.

[http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/betathanks/download/images/download_2.jpg]

Norberto

http://www.windowslive.com/mobile/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_mobile_052008