Re: How do I get my Wintv PR USB2 card to work under Debian

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 10:25:04PM -0400, Norberto Feliberty wrote:

> Hi, I have a PVR USB2 tv card by Hauppauge and would like to know how do I enable this device in Debain. I am trying to wath tv with my card using vlc but when I try to open the tv card to watch tv, I get a message saying
> Unable to open 'pvr://' How to I check the kernel to see if it is enabled in the kernel. Thanks.
>
> [http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/betathanks/download/images/download_2.jpg]
here are things to help us:
do:
plug in the usb tv card
% lsusb
give us the output
% tail -15 /var/log/messages
give us this output (as root)

these who should give messages if the kernel found the card, loaded a
driver and created a device in /dev/
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|