Re: How do I change cursor/mouse pointer?

NN_il_Confusionario wrote the following on 05/08/2008 10:48 AM:
On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 08:11:26AM -0500, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
NN_il_Confusionario wrote the following on 05/07/2008 09:46 AM:
less /usr/share/doc/big-cursor/README.Debian
(this is a useful general rule)
that is nowhere near intuitive!

many debian packages have documentation in /usr/share/doc/$PACKAGENAME
and often there is a README.Debian (or similar names) with debian specific post-installation instructions.

new session for a new user and I still have the same small cursors and mouse pointers.

you do not need a new "session" but a new istance of the X server (or
possibly not, as the above file explains). If you are using gdm / kdm /
xdm / wdm ... (as opposed to startx), then a logout does NOT start a new
istance of the X server, since the display manager ?dm keeps alive the
old istance of X.

  with a console command: killall X
and/or
log in in console and manually start a new X istance:
startx -- :1

OK, I started a third instance by logging on a third linux user on a console (tty3) and running startx -- :2
and there was no difference in the new session.

I have two other instances(?) of x-session-manager running. Do I have to get all of these shutdown for the change to take effect?

Thanks for the help! (My head hurts!)
Dennis