Re: How do I change cursor/mouse pointer?

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 08:02:05PM -0500, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
> OK, I started a third instance by logging on a third
> linux user on a console (tty3) and running startx -- :2
> and there was no difference in the new session.
>
> I have two other instances(?) of x-session-manager
> running. Do I have to get all of these shutdown for the
> change to take effect?

Unforunately I have no idea of the "evil" things x-session-manager is
able to do. I tried the big-cursor package only once, and it was on a
machine which used X only one istance at a time and by means of startx
with a "simple" window manager (pwm).

An experienced used could check with strace, lsof, fuser ... what files
are your istances of X using. For a less experienced user, the fastest
thing should be stopping all X istances and try again.