Re: Fw: Errors on upgrading from etch to lenny

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 08:57:38AM -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> correct. I guess I didn't read the MAN on apt-get -t to understand.. I thought
> that would look for sid sources. So.. I have to add sid sources to
> souirces.list, do an apt-get update, then run that command.. then take
> sid sources back out.

Safer would be to

echo 'APT::Default-Release "testing";' > /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/default-release

assuming that file does *not* exist. Beware, you *must not* use code names
here.

>Is there one specific source I can add/change to sid to get the exim
>package?

Just copy your lenny line and change lenny to sid. After you do that run
'apt-cache policy'. It should show lenny with a priority of 990 and sid
with 500 (if you do the trick suggested above).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)