Re: Fw: Errors on upgrading from etch to lenny

On Wed May 7 2008, Teodor wrote:
> This bug #476987 is fixed in the exim4-base from sid. I fixed this
> yesterday like this:
> # apt-get -t sid install exim4-base
>
> The transition to lenny is mainly blocked by the perl5.10 transition.

I am running Lenny, and I tried that:
#apt-get update
<SNIP>
# apt-get -t sid install exim4-base
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
exim4-base is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 17 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up exim4-daemon-light (4.69-2+b1) ...
Starting MTA:exim: incompatible command-line options or arguments
invoke-rc.d: initscript exim4, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing exim4-daemon-light (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of exim4:
 exim4 depends on exim4-daemon-light | exim4-daemon-heavy |
exim4-daemon-custom; however:
  Package exim4-daemon-light is not configured yet.
  Package exim4-daemon-heavy is not installed.
  Package exim4-daemon-custom is not installed.
dpkg: error processing exim4 (--configure):
 exim4-daemon-light
 exim4

Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800