Re: Most inexpensive debian friendly laserjet printer? total cost of ownership including laserink?

Mitchell Laks wrote:

I tend to print out a lot of documentation on the software for projects
that I work on. Therefore I go through alot of laserjet cartidges on my
postscript compatible hp laserjet 1200 printer.

I haven't "done the math" but have been happy with my Samsung laser printer. I print a lot of B&W (no color) and it doesn't seem to be "nickle and diming" me to death. Printer price was reasonable, and the cartridges aren't too bad either.

It's an ML-1710, and there are some newer models now (ML-1710 is discontinued) that use the same cartridge, but the major differences seem to only be in paper handling and larger output bins on the newer ones.

Nate