Re: [Kind of OT] Why's this look like gibberish to me?

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 02:23:41PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Check that "en_NZ.UTF-8" is a legal locale on your machine, and that
> it should not be "en_NZ.utf8". The -a flag on the locale command will
> show you. On my machine, the "utf" letters are lowercase:
> hardy2@hardy2-laptop:~$ locale -a
> en_DK.utf8
> en_GB.utf8
> en_US.utf8
> he_IL.utf8
> POSIX

locale -a gives:
en_NZ
en_NZ.iso88591
en_NZ.utf8
en_US
en_US.iso88591
mi_NZ
mi_NZ.iso885913
mi_NZ.utf8
POSIX

But locale gives:

LANG=en_NZ.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE=C
LC_MONETARY="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_NZ.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

I picked the locale using dpkg-reconfigure locales

--
Chris.
======