the file /boot/grub/stage1 not read correctly.

Hello!

On my PC box I have two WD 320 GB Sata drive,
sda is for the Win XP, sdb is for the Debian GNU/Linux Etch system.

First sdb drive was the sda drive and vica versa, but I swapped them,
because I must to format sata properly for the Win XP.

So now became the Debian system on to the sdb. I must to set up Grub
to can to boot Debian, but I can't to do this.

I boot with the Debian Etch netinstall CD in rescue mode.

I chroot to the target and mount there /usr to can run:
grub-install /dev/sda

but get an error message:
Searching for GRUB installation directory ... found: /boot/grub
The file /boot/grub/stage1 not read correctly.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul