Re: [Kind of OT] Why's this look like gibberish to me?

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 08:50:27PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/5/5 Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>:
> > Is this a joke or am I missing something obvious? (wikipedia only shows
> > a Hebrew diacritic, Patach, that looks like a dash)
> >
> No, no joke. What system are you on? Even your replies have the Hebrew
> quoted properly.

$ mutt -v
Mutt 1.5.17 (2007-11-01)

System: Linux 2.6.24-1-686 (i686)

$ locale | grep LANG

$ mlterm -v
mlterm version 2.9.4

and the font I use is Terminus. I only see some dashes and spaces, but I
guess there are some fonts missing. On the console I see dashes and
diamonds. With xfce4-terminal and the Monospace font (I'm guessing it's
actually DejaVu) I can see the characters correctly (as far as I can

P.S. Now I'll reconsider switching to xfce4-terminal, though it starts
slower than mlterm
(Albert Einstein)