Re: Help needed: Evolution doesn't start!!

On 04/29/2008 05:18 PM, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:

I would like to add that If I run the clock applet from the command line
I get

marcelo@nostromo2:~$ /usr/lib/gnome-panel/clock-applet
Bus error

the same message as with Evolution. May be both problems are related? I forgot to mention that yesterday, besides the upgrade, I shutdown the machine in a unclear way by accident, simply pressing the power-off button... may be this corrupted something?
again, any help will be very appreciated

regards

Marcelo

When I upgrade or install, I run aptitude from within a "script" session. Aptitude also maintains a log file at /var/log/aptitude (in Etch).

You probably want to boot in single-user mode, mount read-only and do an e2fsck (or whatever your filesystem requires for checking). See "man e2fsck" if you're using ext2/3.