Re: Network FUBAR

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 19:54, Daniel D Jones wrote:

[ Much snippage ]
> Anyone have any ideas before I wipe the hard drive and start from scratch?

  Two possibilities:

  One: Device name.  Maybe the interface isn't "eth0" anymore,
because of the hardware change.  This seems improbable to me,
because you said the interface was up and in the routing table.
I *have* seen a system come up with only one network card,
and with it being named "eth1", don't know what causes that.

  Two: MAC addresses.  These will have changed with the
hardware.  Does your network have a MAC whitelist or filter
somewhere?  Is there a local config file that depends on the
MAC address being right, e.g. to assign device names to
interfaces?  Does your firewall do MAC filtering?

  That's all I can think of.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net