Re: Help needed: Evolution doesn't start!!

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 09:49 -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running etch on an AMD64 machine. Yesterday I did an security
> upgrade of the system. I don't remember which packages were upgraded.
> Today, after boot and during the load of the Gnome desktop I get the
> message:
>
> "The panel encountered a problem while loading
> "OAFIID:GNOME_ClockApplet"
>
> and ask to keep or to delete the applet form the panel configuration.
>
> The really serious problem, and I am not sure if it is related to the
> clockapplet problem above, is that I cannot start Evolution! Clicking
> on the icon does nothing, and calling evolution from the command line I
> get the message:
>
> marcelo@nostromo2:~$ evolution
> Bus error

I would like to add that If I run the clock applet from the command line
I get

marcelo@nostromo2:~$ /usr/lib/gnome-panel/clock-applet
Bus error

the same message as with Evolution. May be both problems are related? I
forgot to mention that yesterday, besides the upgrade, I shutdown the
machine in a unclear way by accident, simply pressing the power-off
button... may be this corrupted something?

again, any help will be very appreciated

regards

Marcelo

--
Marcelo Chiapparini