wine: Problem running some programs

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 11:31:23 am Dennis G. Wicks wrote:

> Still don't find wine really usable. So far can't
> adjust the resolution and for some reason some programs
> just won't install. Well, they install, but won't run
> afterward.

Which programs, specifically?  Have you checked the WineHQ AppDB to see if
there's a trick to make it work?

> FileZilla from Windows seems to work good though. That was my first trial.

That brings up the question, "Why use a compatability layer when there's [a
zillion tools that do the same thing natively|a native port]?"  You only did
that for testing purposes and not because you didn't search for filezilla in
Debian, right?  :o)

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca