Re: Bochs? Anybody {using,used,know anything about} it?

Paul Johnson wrote the following on 04/11/2008 09:07 PM:
On Friday 11 April 2008 06:21:39 pm Dennis G. Wicks wrote:

I found bochs to be exceedingly difficult to use compared to other alternatives, such as virtualbox-ose, which runs fantastically and is fairly simple to use. Note that virtualization isn't suitable for gaming, and odds are high you can probably get it done easier in wine instead of wasting space on a whole windows install.

Thanks for pointing me towards VirtualBox-OSE! It works great! I think it is going to eliminate a big Win2k machine by turning it into a Linux/Debian system with VirtualBox running a few programs that don't have a linux equivalent.

Still don't find wine really usable. So far can't adjust the resolution and for some reason some programs just won't install. Well, they install, but won't run afterward. FileZilla from Windows seems to work good though. That was my first trial.

Thanks for the help!
Dennis