tex4ht oolatex produces unreadable .odt file

Using tex4ht on an AASTeX-based document, I have finally been able to produce what appears to be a valid .odt file, but when I try to open it using OpenOffice.org, the file is simply blank. Any thoughts on how to diagnose?

The file does contain elements:
aperrin@che:/tmp/dualspheres-r2-odt$ file dualspheres-r2.odt
dualspheres-r2.odt: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract
aperrin@che:/tmp/dualspheres-r2-odt$ unzip -l dualspheres-r2.odt
Archive:  dualspheres-r2.odt
  Length     Date   Time    Name
        0  04-29-08 11:51   META-INF/
     1763  04-29-08 11:51   META-INF/manifest.xml
        0  04-29-08 11:51   Pictures/
      932  04-29-08 11:51   meta.xml
      403  04-29-08 11:51   settings.xml
    42210  04-29-08 11:51   styles.xml