Canon EOS 400D and KDE

Hi all!

I have a problem importing the photos from my Canon EOS 400D. It seems that the OS (debian lenny) does not recognize the camera as a simple external storage but instead it tries to import the photos via a so called 'USB imaging interface'. This is at least what konqueror says. The problem is that photos are coming with a very very very small speed.

On the other side, I plugged the camera into my brother's laptop running ubuntu, which imported the photos quickly using F-Spot.

With these data, I cannot understand what the problem is: Is it the application or something else in the lower levels?

G.