Re: difference between kernel logs and /sys/class/net

2008/4/25 Martin Fuzzey <mfuzzey@gmail.com>:
>  I could get ethernet assigned to eth0 by editing (rather than
>  deleting) the persisten-net.rules file but I'm trying to create a disk
>  image whichj can be installed on multiple machines (and could thus
>  include appropriate module blacklists but not autogenerated udev rules
>  which depend on the final target network card MAC addreses)

You can match many parameters in udev rules, not just Mac addresses.
If your hardware mix doesn't permit you to have udev rules that are
generic enough, you can include a script in the image that runs once
at the first boot and do whatever setup you need.

Bernardo