Re: [Kind of OT] Why's this look like gibberish to me?

Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com>:

>  Why are you against switching to UTF-8? Disk space? There really is
>  no other disadvantage, and even the diskspace arguement doesn't
>  count for much unless your drive is mostly uncompressed text files.

Why would I be _for_ switching?  I'm a unilingual Anglophile.  utf-8
would gain me nothing.  I'm glad utf-8 (et al) finally exists for
those of you who who can use it or need it.  However, it's irrelevant
here.  I only know English, and can puzzle out some words in other
related western European languages.

I'd guess my $HOME probably is mostly uncompressed text, source and
documentation.