Re: /dev/null > /dev/sdb1 !

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:
On 24/04/2008, Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:
>  The user in trouble seems to be a newbie.  Using parted is not for newbies.

How about gparted, then? It's just a GUI frontend to parted and other
tools. I'm not sure if it has the option to use the rescue thing, but
since the user in question already seems comfortable typing some
commands into fdisk, and parted seems a bit friendlier than fdisk to
me, well...

- Jordi G. H.

well, i already been using debian for 3 year by now. I never have any trouble
like this one. I don't remember when is the last time i touch m$ windows. I found
someone suggest me to use

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=1M

to fix it. i did try that command but it seems doesn't help much either.