Re: compiling a 2.4 kernel

David Baron wrote:
One word of severe warning: Current libc packages are incompatable with 2.4 and any hint of a 2.4 kernel (such as an env variable ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 or such) will render the system mostly unusable. I had just this problem and bash would not run. I was able to play with other shells a bit but it was a real mess until I realized that the env variable was at fault!

So far Ive set up bind, sendmail and have no issues...while running 2.4.27-3 on etch....all std etch packages I must add.

regards

Steven