Re: compiling a 2.4 kernel

David Baron wrote:
One word of severe warning: Current libc packages are incompatable with 2.4 and any hint of a 2.4 kernel (such as an env variable ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 or such) will render the system mostly unusable. I had just this problem and bash would not run. I was able to play with other shells a bit but it was a real mess until I realized that the env variable was at fault!

Ok, so I am "stuck" with sarge? no huge biggee...later when I can afford a pair of 500gb sata's it means a rebuild....no huge issue right now.

regards

Steven