Finding services that are running

Hello

When I power down, I see a message that wesnothd is shutting down. I don't really want to be running a wesnoth server, although I do enjoy playing the game. How do I close this server and ensure that it doesn't run at start-up? Having gone through wesnothd man pages to be honest, I am none the wiser.

Cheers

Andy