Re: Evolution: Inserting image into signature block [SOLVED]

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 04/06/08 14:37, andy wrote:

andy wrote:

Hello

I am needing some assistance please on inserting images into an
Evolution outgoing email signature block. This concerns Evolution
2.6.3. running on a GNU/Linux Debian Etch platform.

[snip]

I would appreciate any help that list users could offer in rectifying
this matter, as the options to the signature function do not seem very
extensive to do the trick.

TIA

Andy

Have found a workaround for this. I copied the desired signature block
into OO.o, exported it to a pdf, selected the images and text, copied
that into Gimp, and scaled and cropped the image, saved it and then
inserted that into Evolution's signature area as an image. It now works
just fine. The only drawback is if anyone's email filter quarantines
image attachments, then it will get blocked, but other than that it
ticks all of the right boxes.

This appears to be either a bug or a lack-of-feature in (that
version of?) Evo.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Possibly Ron. It did seem to be a contradictory state of affairs - allow one image to be embedded but not a second. Oh well - at least this also partially satisfies some "netiquette" because this will now be an attachment for anyone who (like myself and many others here, I'm sure) don't automatically allow HTML emails. So, maybe not a bad thing.