Re: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5

Haines Brown wrote:

> This a common error message, but a search on line didn't resolve it.
>
> I'm running debian etch. I installed an application, gmfsk, deb, which
> went fine. But when I go to run it, I get, as either root or user:
>
>   gmfsk: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot
>   open shared object file: No such file or directory

apt-file search libstdc++.so.5 and install the corresponding package.

> The application uses libstdc++6 >= 4.1.0, but the error suggests it is
> turning instead to libstdc++.so.5.

What is the application you are talking about? How are you sure it uses only
libstdc++6? Is libstdc++6 installed on your machine?

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/