Evolution: Inserting image into signature block

Hello

I am needing some assistance please on inserting images into an Evolution outgoing email signature block. This concerns Evolution 2.6.3. running on a GNU/Linux Debian Etch platform.

At present, I have constructed a signature block with the following components: an image (digitised hand signature), above a text block of name and job title, above a 2-celled table, with one cell containing the image of the company's logo and the second, a text block with contact details. HTML has been enabled.

In preview, all components are visible. While writing an email all components are visible. Once the email has been sent, in the Sent folder, all except the logo are visible (this is now seen as only a place-holder). Feedback from recipients confirms that the results in the Send folder are how the emails are received, with place-holders in the place of company logo.

I have experimented with the image itself, opening it in Gimp and saving it as - variously - a *.gif, a *.jpg, and now a *.png format. All results are the same.

Google does yield some results about positions of signature block, but AFAIK, nothing on the specifics of what I am experiencing. I am confused as to why the digitised signature (a *.jpg) file is preserved but the logo is not. Is this because it is within a table or is there another more subtle reason.

I would appreciate any help that list users could offer in rectifying this matter, as the options to the signature function do not seem very extensive to do the trick.

TIA

Andy