Suspend not working

I am running Sid using IceWm, not Gnome. Today for the first time ever I
tried suspending the computer from the GDM menu...but nothing happened. I
have auto login enabled so a few seconds later I was logged back in. Is
there some config files that have to be changed/adjusted for suspend to
work. I am running the stock 686 kernel, and very average hardware on an
Intel MB.

Thanks

---

    Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how