Re: [VERY OT while waiting for Lenny?] reminiscing on old computers

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

>  I remember my 386.  It was an IBM PS/2 model 70-A21.  It came with the
>  then-unherd of 120MB hard drive, MCA bus, and I put 4 MB ram into it,

My first Linux box was very similar. SLS it ran, 120 meg (and very
flaky ST-1144A, later had to replace it with a Maxtor that lasted some
7 years or so). 4 megs of RAM, later upgraded to 8.

The ST was a nightmare and I kept having to copy things elsewhere to
make sure there weren't any bad spots, which there were - the drive
probably didn't last a year or two - on the outside.

Box was a Packard Hell 386sx/16.

>  Any way, I wonder if any on-topic stuff has come up?

Well, you've mentioned Etch, Lenny, and Debian, so this must be on-topic. ;)