Re: I would like to give my congradulation

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 11:00:50PM +0100, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
Chris Bannister wrote:
I think xmms is no more anyway.
A number of distros have dropped xmms.
As far as I vaguely remember, the reason is that it still uses gtk1, and
there were certain problems preventing it from being upgraded to gtk2.

Audacious is one of its successors, you could use that one instead.

However, Debian is one of the distros still carrying xmms.

With 'still' beeing the key word here. It is only available in stable and was already removed from testing.

I see it under unstable also:

Package: xmms (1:1.2.10+20070601-1 and others) [debports]

What's 'debports'?

Hugo