Re: Mounting Windows Samba shares without using smbfs

Arthur Marsh wrote:
The format of the /etc/fstab entry changed, requiring the IP address of the remote system rather than just the NetBIOS name:

In my system, now using smbfs 3.0.28-2+b1, I've always cifs-mounted Windows shares using the name of the host, not the IP.

There is, however, an entry for that host in /etc/hosts. It might not work without that, but I've never tried.

--
There is nothing wrong with abstinence, in moderation.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@gmail.com
http://move.to/hpkb