Re: I would like to give my congradulation

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 05:46:43PM -0600, "Walt L. Williams" <waltwilliams@intergate.com> was heard to say:
> Was 10.1 bad? I wouldn't know. I went straight from 10.0, which
> was a fairly decent system, to 10.3.   Although, the day I read the
> announcement of SuSE's buy out I got the feeling they wouldn't
> last long. American corporate ethics are really pretty poor these
> days. It's almost like they teach this form of bad conduct in
> the schools of business.

  After it came out that Enron had been cooking the books for years and
the company imploded, I remember hearing an interview on NPR with a
professor of business ethics at a business school.  She said something
to the effect that the Enron scandal showed that we needed to teach
business students to implement proper document retention practices
(meaning: destroy old incriminating documents so the investigators can't
catch you).

  As far as I can tell from current events, business ethics have not
improved since.

  Daniel