Re: Digital Camera

David Fox <dfox94085@gmail.com>:
>  On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 5:27 AM, s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
> >  (1) phreaque /home/keeling_ gphoto2 --auto-detect
> >  Model                          Port
> >  ----------------------------------------------------------
> >  (0) phreaque /home/keeling_
>
>  So it doesn't detect it at all, then. Bummer. Are there entries in
>  /var/log/messages as you plug in (and unplug) the camera from the USB?

tail -f syslog    # unplug, then plug.  I notice it had address
                  # 6, then it gets address 7.  Huh.  Guess that's
                  # udev.

Mar 27 18:43:18 phreaque kernel: usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 6
Mar 27 18:43:29 phreaque kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 7
Mar 27 18:43:29 phreaque kernel: usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

>  Those might be of use, especially in composing a message to the
>  gphoto2 mailing list.
>
>  Pretty much, those IDs have to match perfectly or it can't be used.

There's also lsusb:

(0) phreaque [root] /root_ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 03e8:2186 EndPoints, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Lots to go on it seems, but this thing will have to wait for
solutions, barring what gphoto2 ml says.