Re: Digital Camera

David Fox <dfox94085@gmail.com>:
>  On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 8:34 PM, s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
>
> >  I've one seriously cheapo Concord Eye-Q 1000 (1.3 Mpx res.).  This
> >  model is not listed in gtkam's database.  Does digiKam handle it?
>
>  There's no exact match in digikam (current lenny) but there are some
>  other close models to that Concord model. You might try one of those.

Tried 'em all.  gtkam can't detect it using any of them.

>  Does that camera mount as a USB device or PTP?

USB cable on PC end, looks like very small proprietary connector on
camera end.  I don't think it's mini-USB, but I could be wrong.

>  was supported. But it has a better chance of being supported possibly
>  because there are free "open" (so called) drivers on the Net for it.
>  Which of course, could mean anything, like a binary wrapper claiming
>  they gave you source code when they really didn't.

About as useful as that Windows zip file I pulled down off their
website the other night.  Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but
I have it.

> >From 'gphoto2" on my system - it seems that these are the same models
>  that digikam supports, presumably because digikam uses gphoto2 as a a
>  backend (not sure about this).

That's what I read as well.

>  dfox@m206-157:~$ gphoto2 --list-cameras | grep Concord
>          "Concord Eye-Q Duo" (EXPERIMENTAL)

Same list here.

>  Again, not the exact model, but this is a good starting point. Another
>  possibility (should this not be helpful) would be to inquire on the
>  gphoto2 mailing list. I did that before to get feedback and to help

I'll troll their archives.  Thanks.

>  All this is moot IF your camera supports a removable SD card (which it

No such luck.  They put in a 2 digit LCD shot counter, though.  :-P