Re: dual boot install from debian 4.0r1 net install cdrom

On 25 Mar 2008, at 17:55, donald daniel wrote:

I would like to install both Debian and windows-xp on
a single IDE hard drive using the debian 4.0r1 install
cdrom if possible. I already had such an installation
with debian 3.  I wanted to leave windows alone and
install debian 4 from scratch using the install cdrom.
At no time during the installation process could I see
where I was given the option to control fdisk myself
so I could leave windows alone. Instead, the installation
process insisted on using the whole hard drive for debian.

i've just used the default and expertgui debian net install and there is an option for manually controlling the partitioning process....