dual boot install from debian 4.0r1 net install cdrom

I would like to install both Debian and windows-xp on
a single IDE hard drive using the debian 4.0r1 install
cdrom if possible. I already had such an installation
with debian 3.  I wanted to leave windows alone and
install debian 4 from scratch using the install cdrom.
At no time during the installation process could I see
where I was given the option to control fdisk myself
so I could leave windows alone. Instead, the installation
process insisted on using the whole hard drive for debian.
Presumably at some point in the install some magic key
control of fdisk, but the instructions gave no hint as
to how to do this, so I wiped out my windows. Now I
have paid $300 for the Oxford English Dictionary.
The current version does not run under wine, even though
earlier versions did. So I would like to re-install windows
and debian in a dual boot.  Must I install from a boot
floppy to do this?