Re: Display Resolution-Frequency (Debian vs Windows)

I suspect that your monitor doesn't actually have a horizontal sync of
30 to 54, it's just wrong on the web site.  Why don't you run
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg again, and this time instead of picking
"Advanced" to specify the numbers directly, choose "Medium" and pick
"A monitor that can do 1024x768 at 75 Hz".

I suppose this advice has the faint possibility that it will cause
your monitor to melt, but I don't think so.

Hi Tom,

Selecting 1024 x 768 75 Hz choosing "Medium" will end up with 1024 x 768 60 Hz.

Now Desktop->Preferences->Screen Resolution has only 60 Hz option in dropdown for 1024 x 768.

Don't no what to do.

Thanks,

Sanjaya Vitharana