Re: Display Resolution-Frequency (Debian vs Windows)

On 3/21/08, Sanjaya Vitharana <mlists.sgv@gmail.com> wrote:

> After reading this mail I tried to start the X using "startx" (instead of
> "gdm") & it directly loged me as a root. But same effect, it only shows me
> 60/87 Hz for 1024 x 768 and previous problems are there.

Yeah, startx is better for testing.

> Yes now I am using the second xorg.conf. i.e the one under the hedding
> ******xorg.conf******current one****** in my previous mail.
> It has created by "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg"

Okay.  What we should check next is /var/log/Xorg.0.log .  This will
show, somewhere inside it, what frequencies it expects from your
display.  Can you e-mail it to me off-list?  Or find a Web site that
will let you copy and paste files?

Tom